Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Advanced classes. Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and Class polices apply to all Advanced Classes. Please familiar yourself with them. Please refer to each Class below for a list of Supplies.
- Intermediate Sewing or equivalent +
- Experience successfully completing several sewing project. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- All fabric and supplies can be purchased in store or provided by yourself. It is recommended that you launder fabric appropriately before the beginning of class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 6 students.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Advanced Classes - May & June 2018
- 2.25 -3.25 meters fabric (depending on size)
- coordinating thread1.25m fusible interfacing
- 9 buttons size 3/8" to 1/2"
This workshop will free you from the ordeal of swimsuit shopping forever!
The Swimsuit Workshop will use the popular Closet Case Patterns Sophie swimsuit pattern. This won’t be a class, but a guided workshop where we’ll all work together to figure out size and fit, the best way to sew lycra and elastic, and how to achieve the perfect swimsuit.
The Sophie Swimsuit is only available as a PDF pattern. You can purchase your pattern directly from Closet Case Patterns. Please come to class with proof of purchase and a printout of the instructions. We will provide you with a large-scale print of the pattern.
In the first class, we will determine everyone’s correct swimsuit size and cup size.
- Proof of purchase of the Sophie Swimsuit (https://store.closetcasepatterns.com/products/sophie-swimsuit-pattern)
- All fabric and notions listed in the pattern EXCEPT underwires (we will determine your correct underwire size during the first class)
Closet Case Patterns recommends the following suppliers.
Fabric Depot Co. (http://fabricdepotco.com/)
The Fabric Fairy (https://thefabricfairy.com/fabrics/by-type/swimsuit.html/)
Spandex House: (https://www.spandexhouse.com/)