Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Advanced Beginner classes. Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and class policies apply to all Advanced Beginner Classes. Please familiarize yourself with them. Please refer to each class below for a list of supplies.
- A couple of Beginner classes such as Infinity Scarf, Triangle Scarf, Cocoon Wrap, Envelope Pillow Cover or Reversible Apron
- All fabric and supplies can be purchased in store or provided by yourself. We recommend washing fabric before the start of class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 6.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Advanced Beginner Classes - October, November & December 2018
Sew your own Advent Calendar - November 4th, 6th (Naptime class), 17th, & 22nd (daytime class)
Have you ever thought that you'd like to make a family Advent Calendar someday?
- one Fabrications Advent Calendar kit in the size and colour of your choice.
Pixie Tee - November 14/21
The Pixie Tee from Chalk & Notch is a relaxed fit tee shirt with two sleeve options, two lengths, and two hem options. A great introduction to sewing with knit fabrics, and a comfy addition to your closet. Join Vicki in November and make your own!
- proof of purchase of PDF pattern. We will provide a large scale print out.
- 1.25m to 2m of light to medium weight stretch knit fabric with 70-90% stretch. Choose a fabric with nice drape and good recovery such as micro rib knit, bamboo or modal rayon jersey, or lightweight french terry
- for View A only, 0.25m of lightweight woven rayon, cotton or linen for ties, and 1.25m of 1.25inch wide elastic
- coordinating thread