Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Beginner classes. Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and Class polices apply to all Beginner Classes. Please familiar yourself with them. Please refer to each Class below for a list of Supplies.
- All fabric and supplies can be purchased in store or provided by yourself.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 6.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Beginner Classes - May & June 2018
Cocoon Style Wrap
In this super easy beginner project you will make a stylish and versatile cocoon style wrap. This piece is great for throwing on over a tank top, tee shirt, dress, or swim suit. It can dress an outfit up or down, and take you from daytime to evenings out.
This class will teach you how to thread and operate a sewing machine, how to use an iron, how to make tiny hems, and french seams.
- For those who wear an XS - M tee shirt:
- 1m of light weight woven fabric such as lawn, voile, chambray, swiss dot, shirting etc. We have lots to choose from in store.
- matching thread as desired
- For those who wear a L-XXL tee shirt:
- 1.5m of light weight woven fabric such as lawn, voile, chambray, swiss dot, shirting etc. We have lots to choose from in store.
- matching thread as desired.
Envelope Style Pillow Cover
Never touched a sewing machine before? This class is for YOU! Envelope style pillow covers are quick and easy, and can be adapted to fit almost any size of pillow. In just a few hours, you'll have a stylish new accessory for your home.
In this class you will learn the basics of sewing machine operation, how to measure and cut fabric, and how to sew a straight seam.
- 1/2 to 1 meter of fabric (depending on size of form)
- 1 pillow form
- Matching thread as desired
The perfect item to finish off an outfit or keep you warm when it's chilly outside, an infinity scarf is the must have accessory. In this beginner class you will learn the basics of the sewing machine and it's functions while learning how to sew this fun and useful project. You will be able to make scarves to match any outfit, and think of the gift giving possibilities!
- 2m medium to lightweight woven fabric, such as voile, lawn, quilting cotton, flannel, or chambray
- coordinating thread as desired.
Intro to Hand Embroidery
Learn the basic stitches that you need to create beautiful hand embroidered works of art with Lee from Fraser Road Embroidery. You can see some of Lee's amazing artwork here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FraserRoad
In this single session class you'll learn: running stitch, seed stitch, back stitch, fly stitch, fern stitch, chain stitch, and daisy stitch.
- 5-7" embroidery hoop
- 2 colours of perle cotton or embroidery floss in your favourite colours
- sharp embroidery needle