Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Intermediate classes. Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and Class polices apply to all Intermediate Classes. Please familiar yourself with them. Please refer to each Class below for a list of Supplies.
- Intermediate Sewing or Advanced Beginner plus several completed garments
- Experience successfully completing several sewing project. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- It is recommended that you wash and hang to dry all fabric prior to the first class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 6 students.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Intermediate Classes - June, July, & August 2018
- 3-3½ meters fabric (depending on size)
- 1/2 meter 60" wide muslin
- 1/2 meter light weight fusible interfacing
Nothing says summer elegance quite as well as a dramatic caftan.
The Charlie Caftan from Closet Case Patterns features three views, all with dramatic kimono sleeves, deep v-necklines, and roomy pockets. You may choose from all three views in this class. Learn about sewing facings, inset welt panels, and in-seam pockets.
- 2 -3.75 metres of light to medium weight woven fabrics such as linen, chambray, tencel, linen, silk, chiffon, rayon challis, crepe de chine, batiste or voile.
- 0.5m lightweight fusible interfacing
Don’t fear the stretch! We'll teach you all the special techniques you need to sew a beautiful dress using knit fabric.
The Moneta is your new go-to dress pattern. Built for both elegance and comfort, this simple knit dress works in every season and for any occasion. This dress is versatile, layerable, and above all, comfortable. Because Moneta feels as good as it looks, you will get a lot of wear out of these dresses.
All three styles of Moneta dresses have a gently curved, wide neckline, a fitted bodice, and a shirred skirt with in-seam pockets. Version 1 is a sleeveless dress with a lined bodice and narrow round collar that laps at the center back. Version 2 has an unlined bodice and short sleeves, while version 3 has an unlined bodice and 3/4-length sleeves.
The Moneta Dress is only available as a PDF. Please purchase your copy of the pattern here and bring proof of purchase with you to the first class. We will provide you with a large scale print out.
- 2.5 -3 metres knit fabric such as jersey, ITY, terry, double knit (depending on size, version and fabric width)
We recommend NOT prewashing your fabric before class.
The Lark Tee is a slim fitting staple tee with four neckline options and four sleeve options, providing a huge range of possibilities. Designed to be ideal for layering, this wardrobe builder will be a year-round favourite.
All body sizes require the same amount of fabric. Select your required yardage based on your size and your sleeve option.
- 1 meter to 2.5meters of light to medium weight jersey knits with at least 20% stretch, depending on size and sleeve option. We have Lots of fabric in store that would be appropriate.
- Matching thread